This premium rate competition is offered to you by Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George. Our registered office is Hemingford Park Hall, Hemingford Abbots, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE28 9AS. Our company registration number is 7231027
- These premium rate terms and conditions, together with any specific rules set out in the Competition Notices (defined below) apply to all premium rate competitions and prize draws (together referred to as the “Competitions”) offered by us. Anyone who breaches them may be excluded from access to competition.
- The terms and conditions of any third party supplier may apply and must be accepted and complied with by the Competition winner. These shall include compliance with any health and safety regulations which apply whilst the Competition winner is taking part in any promotional activity (if applicable).
- You must be a UK resident to enter a Competition.
- All entrants must be over 18 years of age at the point of entry. Employees (including family members) of Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George are excluded from entering and their entry will not be considered.
- All entrants warrant by entering a Competition that all information submitted is true and Hemingford Park Limited reserves the right to verify any information provided.
- You may enter our Competitions in the following ways:
Text/ SMS entry
(i) You can enter our Competitions by text/SMS. Entrants are required to send a text to the short code or number as indicated in the Competition requirements above. Text entries will be charged at the standard network rate, which will vary depending on your mobile network provider (entrants should check this with their mobile network operator). When we receive a Competition entry, we (or our representatives) will send the entrant a text message acknowledging receipt of the Competition entry (“Acknowledgement Text”), the entrant will then be charged the premium rate cost stated in the Competition Notice. Charges will be deducted from the entrant’s available credit time, if it is a pre-pay customer and if the entrant is a pay-monthly customer the charge will appear on its monthly bill. In the event an entrant has insufficient funds or credit to deliver the Acknowledgement Text, the entry will not be accepted. The entrant will not be eligible for a refund of the standard network rate charged by the entrant’s mobile network provider in entering the Competition.
(ii) An entrant will only be permitted to submit a total of four (4) Competition entries from the same mobile phone number per day, any entries in excess of this number will not be counted and the Competition entrant may not be entitled to a refund.
(iii) Any SMS/text Competition entry received after the closing time set out in the Competition Notice will receive a free text from Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George informing the entrant that (a) the entry was received late and will not be entered into the Competition and (b) it will not be entitled to a refund of the standard network rate charged by the entrant’s mobile network provider on entering the Competition by text.
(iv) Competition entrants should always get the permission of the person who pays the bills before you use a phone to enter a Competition.
Winner Selection and Prizes
- Winners are selected at random from all entries received by the stated closing date in the Competition Notice by a closed computer generated system and then confirmed as correct and eligible. We will have the final overall decision over winner selection and this decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- All correct entries have an equal chance of selection regardless of method of entry.
- Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George will attempt to contact the winner within 14 days after the closing date of the Competition via telephone number provided by the winner when entering the Competition. The winner will have a specified period of time within which to claim the prize, which will be set out in the Competition Notice. Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George will attempt to contact you up to nine times within this specified period. If Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George is unable to notify the winner or you do not respond within the stated time period and/or the winner fails to provide an address for delivery of the prize, you may forfeit your prize and Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George reserves the right to award the prize to another winner in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George will not be liable if any prize fails to reach the winner or cannot be taken for reasons beyond our control, or if any prize is damaged during delivery.
- Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George may pass a Competition winner’s details to a third party for the purpose of fulfilling the prize. The prize winner will be required to comply with any instructions given by the third party in relation to the prize, including without limitation complying with any timeframes provided, providing information requested and paying any costs not included in the prize. Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George will not be liable and does not accept responsibility if a prize winner does not comply with these instructions which may result in a prize being forfeited.
- Prizes are awarded at Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of an entrant, which includes without limitation breach of these terms and conditions, the making of automated bulk entries, fraud and dishonesty.
- No alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, we reserve the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond our control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
- It is the prize winner’s responsibility to pay any and all applicable taxes on prizes.
- Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George reserves the right to verify your eligibility and to check your identity. If you have been asked for proof of your identity and/ or your eligibility, your failure to provide such proof within a reasonable time could result in your disqualification from a Competition or the withdrawal of any prize. All personal details and information you supply must be truthful and accurate.
- We reserve the right to disqualify you from the Competition and/ or withdraw any prize if you at any stage supply any untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and information or if we consider you have breached these terms and conditions or the rules contained in the Competition Notice.
- If an entrant is disqualified from a Competition, it will be at our discretion to decide whether a replacement will be selected. If we decide to select a replacement, the replacement will be chosen using the same selection procedure as the original entrant and will be subject to these terms and conditions.
- Travel, expenses, charges and travel insurance are not included as part of any prize unless we tell you otherwise. We strongly recommend you purchase insurance for all activity prizes.
- In the event of any dispute regarding these terms and conditions, the Competition Notice, conduct, results or any fault, misunderstanding, mistake or dispute concerning the operation of a premium rate competition, including the correctness or acceptability of any answers given by winners, or the operation of any technical/communications system, Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George’s decision shall be final.
- Hemingford Park Limited will only use personal data provided by Competition entrants to operate the Competition that you are taking part in.
- Competition entrants’ personal data may also be provided to their mobile phone operator or a relevant regulatory body (e.g. Phone-paid Services Authority) or the police in the course of their investigations of any complaints and/or suspected unlawful activity.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions removes or limits Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George’s liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any liability which cannot be limited or excluded by the law.
- These terms and conditions do not affect the rights that are granted to an entrant as a consumer by the law. Otherwise, Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George excludes all liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in respect of the premium rate competitions offered by us.
- Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George will not be liable and does not accept responsibility to you if you suffer loss or inconvenience because of the failures of persons or systems that we do not directly control – for example, mobile phone network operators, internet service providers, software providers and telephone traffic handlers.
- Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George reserves the right to cancel a Competition without notice, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as set out in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus or human error or any circumstance beyond Hemingford Park Limited and Alex George’s control.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions form a legally binding agreement between you and us. We reserve the right to change them and update them from time to time but if we do so we will post the changes on this website.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
For any queries or issues relating to this competition, these terms and conditions or a Competition Notice please contact: Hemingford Park Limited at Hemingford Park Hall, Hemingford Abbots, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE 28 9AS, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- These terms and conditions were last updated on 18 July 2019